Antiques – Fine Art – Estates – Appraisals
(204) 477-5353| email@example.com | www.dominionantiques.com
Monday May 4th, 2015, at 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 3rd, 1:00 to 6:00
& Monday, May 4th, 10:00 to 7:00
To be held at the Masonic Temple, 420 Corydon Ave.
Can’t make it to the auction? WE ACCEPT ABSENTEE BIDS. Click for details.
All purchases and the 5% buyers’ premium are subject to GST. PST applies to purchases over $100.00.
Please settle all accounts by auction’s end.
Purchases must be removed from the premises by Tuesday at noon.
All items sold as-is where-is.
- Six Georgian sterling silver spoons dating from 1792-1821. Various silversmiths.
1A. 14Kt yellow gold sunburst brooch with seed pearls.
- Ladies’ 14Kt yellow gold ring with centre opal and two garnets.
- Moorcroft tea set with dark blue ground, Pansy design, with pewter mounts. Teapot; coffee pot; cream; and sugar. Four pieces. Impressed factory marks, impressed #280, and hand painted Wm. Moorcroft initials in blue. Circa 1925.
- Art Nouveau glass vase in hand painted gold, blue, green and rust design. 10″H. Circa 1910. Minor chip.
4A. Pair of antique hand-hammered sterling silver nut dishes in floral garland motif. 6”D. Dingwall and English (London). Two pieces.
- Moorcroft bud vase with flambé glaze, tulip and forget-me-not design. Impressed factory mark. Circa 1960. 3.75”H.
- Old carved cameo brooch in gold filled filigree frame. Lady in profile.
- Tall antique green satin glass vase in hand painted gold floral design. Possibly Loetz. 9″H.
- Moorcroft mint dish with flambé ground, Arum Lily design. 3.5″D. Cobridge factory marks. Circa 1925.
- Antique English 9Kt yellow gold brooch with seed pearls and opal.
- Rare Royal Doulton handled water pitcher, 8″H, with gold circle ground, raised hand painted blue floral motif, and English sterling silver collar. With matching water tumbler, 6″H. Circa 1920. Two pieces.
- Tall antique mahogany pedestal with octagonal top and base, and tapered and in-carved column. Circa 1930.
- Collection of sterling silver items: creamer; two Gorham trays; strainer; redlight measuring cup; two Birks low candlesticks.
12A. Gorgeous heavy old Lalique frosted glass vase in bird motif. 6.75”H.
- Antique Meissen (crossed swords mark) figurine of a young boy leaning against a tree trunk, with a floral wreath in his hands, overall hand decorated. 5″H.
- Rare Moorcroft yellow lustre vase, circa 1914-1916. 8.5″H. Impressed Burslem marks –
872. (Some imperfections).
- Antique Wedgwood bisque picture, in gilt frame. Mother and father giving thanks for their harvest. Circa 1900. 4×7″.
- Old Louis Icart-type etching. Lady and guitar player. Signed Tobor Thokv. 17x 15″.
16A. Fine antique wall mirror in hand-carved beige-painted frame, with applied gold leaf and carved face and garland top. 41x 26″. Circa 1920.
- Two antique hand-carved wooden Netsuke depicting Buddha and one of the seven gods of luck. Circa 1890.
- Rare antique embossed sterling silver book cover in repoussé and garland design. 12x 9″. English, circa 1910.
- Large green Mary Gregory glass cruet, hand painted in angel motif. 9.5″H.
- Rare old Wedgwood jug. “Ye Olde Town Hall Night Watchman”. 8″H.
- Antique quarter-cut oak high-back chair with ornately carved gargoyle face on back. Circa 1890.
- Old solid walnut highboy dresser with five full drawers and two lower semi-drawers between Jacobean corners and resting on Queen Anne legs. 70”H. Malcolm colonial line. Note the solid oak-lined drawers.
- Collection of Waterford leaded crystal including twelve water glasses and various stemware (with some unmarked pieces).
23A. Large wall mirror in ornately carved solid walnut frame, presumably by Villarboito (from the Gauer estate). Circa 1920.
- Louis Icart-type etching by Cervenka. “The Coquette”. Circa 1920.
- Two antique hand-carved ivory Netsuke: warthog; man riding a water buffalo. Both signed by artists. Circa 1890.
- Large Austrian decor plate, 17″D, with royal blue border and heavily embossed hand painted gold decor: centre medallion of Greek woman and man with cupid, signed Kauffmann. Shield mark and “Cucidou Cephisa” on back. Circa 1900.
- Impressive antique hand carved mottled green marble statue depicting “The Wrestlers”.
- George Baxter – coloured engraving. “St Ruth’s Priory”. A scarce ‘red seal’ mount. Circa 1850.
28A. Antique Royal Doulton Lambeth artist’s studio flower vase in Art Nouveau floral motif. Circa 1930. Artist initials “F.J.”
- Antique mahogany Bombay-style credenza, overall inlaid with satin wood, with Italian marble top and two drawers. 35″L. Circa 1900.
29A. Signed – Japanese woodblock print. Bridge and mountain scene. 9×14”.
- Magnificent large antique bronzed-finish figure of a young lady with swallows, standing on a green marble base beside a clock with hand painted enamel face – “Retour des Hirondelles” by Caussé. 31”H. Circa 1920.
30A. Rare WWI Leather German Pickelhaube Infantry helmet with original leather insert and chinstrap. Circa 1917.
- Fine antique solid quarter-cut oak open armchair, Tudor style, with round back deeply carved in motif of people enjoying wine. Possibly Krug.
31A. German WWI Prussia Ersatz felt Pickelhaube with gold spike and trim, Prussian eagle-motif front plate and original leather interior and chin strap. Circa 1918. (With bullet-shaped hole on the side).
- Old mantel clock in Roman style ebony case with ormolu and shell inlay, with enamel face. Chimes on the hour. 18″H. Working, with key.
32A. Old German Brass ‘Lobster Tail’ Pickelhaube with articulated leather-lined straps, and adjustable leather-lined interior. Date unknown.
- Antique solid ebony table with lower shelf ornately hand carved in Indonesian shadow puppet and bird of paradise motif. 30″ square. Circa 1890.
33A. Remarkable Chinese spelter elephant with ivory tusks, standing on a circus ball, on carved wooden base – very finely detailed. 11″H. Circa 1930. Unsigned.
- Old coloured leaded glass window with hand painted centre medallion of birds. 17x 34″.
- Magnificent old Moorcroft porcelain flower vase with blue ground in Anenome pattern. Signed in green on bottom. 13”H. Circa 1940.
- Rare antique Battersea box, enamel on copper, overall hand painted in motif of a lady in forest. Signed T.C. Circa 1840. (From the Barbara Machin estate, 1967-1970).
36A. Rare old WWII tank sight with original markings and fittings. Working condition.
- Fine mid-century teak buffet cabinet with sliding doors and center drawers.
37A. Two old bayonets: one unmarked from WWI era in leather scabbard; and old nickel plated WWII era bayonet, marked (#4 MK 11 –B).
- Two antique hand carved hardwood Netsuke: cat and fox. Circa 1880.
- Robert Pollock – acrylic on board. Marina scene. 20.5 x 47”.
- Three fine old Japanese porcelain plates with raised white floral design on blue background, signed.
- Tall solid walnut lamp table with satin wood inlay, carved skirt, and Queen Anne legs. Circa 1930.
- Ornate Austrian porcelain vase in mermaid and nymph motif, by Royal Hanover. 15″H. Circa 1900.
42A. Old Lalique frosted glass vase in bird motif. 4.75”H.
- Antique solid walnut buffet cabinet with three drawers above three doors. With carved wooden handles. Circa 1880.
43A. Painted spelter figure of a sea pirate, with composition face, seated on a treasure chest. 6.5″H. Circa 1925.
- Two antique Victorian walnut chairs with ladder backs (one side chair, one rocker). Circa 1890.
- Old solid walnut coffee table, with intricately carved skirt and legs, floral and garland satin wood inlaid top, Queen Anne design.
- Unusual antique hand-carved statue depicting moustached Burmese standing man with hair off to the side and a plug earring. 23”H. Marked “19th Century”.
- Solid mahogany wall-hanging curio unit with mirrored back, lattice work sides, two full shelves and four small shelves.
- Extremely rare pair of ornately-carved solid walnut end tables with inset grey marble tops over heavily carved faces, extending into claw-footed splayed legs. 19″ square. Circa 1880. (From the Barbara Machin estate).
- Antique hand carved ivory netsuke in motif of a man plucking a thorn from foot. Circa 1880. Signed by artist.
49A. Unsigned – antique finely detailed German oil on canvas. Cows in mountainous background. Some damage to canvas. 24×29.5”. Circa 1880.
- Chinese porcelain umbrella stand, ornately hand painted with heavy gold and enamel decoration.
50A. Intricately hand-painted antique Chinese Satsuma double handled porcelain vase in Chinese maiden motif. Circa 1880. 14″ H.
- Mid-Century modern coat tree with 5 curved wood slats.
51A. Lovely old hand knotted wool carpet with cream field in animal motif.
- Antique Royal Doulton Lambeth candle stick, and similar bud vase, hand painted, impressed 1877 on bottom. Two pieces.
52A. Hand-painted multiple-images portrait on sheet ivory: turbaned man whose face is composed of various animals. 5.5″x 3.5″.
- Fancy antique cast metal torchère floor lamp with marble and brass base, original embossed shade. Circa 1930.
53A. Three Royal Doulton figurines from the International Collector’s Club series: Applause (No 4328); The Recital (No 4466); The Dance (No 4553).
- Antique walnut ladies’ writing desk with various drawers and Queen Anne legs, with similar chair. Circa 1900.
54A. Old Marlboro sterling silver tray with pieced rim. 10”D.
- Moorcroft “natural pottery” vase with monochrome glaze, shading from light green to deep green to dark blue, with dark blue interior. Signed Wm. Moorcroft. Stamped “Potter to the Queen”. 7.5″H. Circa 1935-1939.
- Antique mahogany chair with mother-of-pearl inlay and curved wing back having faces carved on each side. With maroon velvet upholstering. Circa 1880. From the E.P. Taylor estate.
- Ornately carved Chinese rosewood curio cabinet with mirrored back (designed for Netsuke collection).
- Antique Art Nouveau style mantel clock with full sterling silver front dated Birmingham, circa 1910 – in red leather case. Working. 8″H.
- Exceptional hand loomed Persian runner with overall geometric design on dark blue field and red border. 3.5’x11.5′.
- Very fine Chinese porcelain vase with ornately hand painted scenes with gold and enamel decoration.
60A. Three Royal Doulton figurines from the International Collector’s Club series: Diane (No 3604); Janet (No 4042); Jacqueline (No 4309).
- Mahogany drafting table with blue leather top; three top drawers with campaign style brass handles and folding base. Note the craftsmanship of the drawers, with high-quality wood lining. Circa 1940.
61A. Antique armchair constructed exclusively with old growth walnut and oak. Circa 1880.
61B. Antoine Louis Barye – antique bronze statue. Man and lady kissing. Impressed Baryé. 9.5″H.
- Lovely antique black papier mache tilt-top games table with mother of pearl inlay. Circa 1890.
- Royal Doulton Siamese cat – lying. 7.5″L. (#1558); and a Royal Doulton Siamese cat – sitting. 4″H. (#1887).
- Swarovski crystal covered box with butterfly finial, and single butterfly. Two pieces.
64A. Fine mid-century teak dining suite including: table on round legs; four chairs with upholstered seats; and buffet with two glass doors and interior shelves.
- Signature indistinguishable. Watercolour of an elderly man. 14×10”.
65A. Taxidermied crocodile, standing on hind legs, wired for a lamp. Some damage.
- Tall, intricately hand carved Chinese ivory and bone figure of a peddler with his wares. 11″H. Circa 1930.
- Handsome antique solid oak tilt-top table with barley twist column and splayed base. Circa 1910.
- Scarce pair of authentic solid oak Stickley style arts and crafts high-back side chairs with typical plain slat back and mortise and tenon side pegs. Circa 1910. *Buyer may take one or two.
68A. Old Lalique frosted glass bowl with rim in baby bird motif. 9”D.
- Exceptional hand loomed large Kazan runner with overall geometric design on red field. 40″x13.5′.
- Very fine Chinese porcelain jardinere with ornate hand painted scenes and goldfish.
70A. Three Royal Doulton figurines: Charlotte (No 4949); Moonlight Waltz (No 4983); Flowers of Love (No 4984).
- Antique wooden statue of a man kneeling in prayer, with original paint and simulated jewels. Circa 1860. 15″H.
- Large N. Hornyanski print. Lower Fort Garry. In oak frame.
- Ladies’ Victorian-era 18Kt yellow gold Dingwall ring with two diamonds (0.33 ct each) and centre blue sapphire (0.5 ct). Appraised value $2500.00.
73A. Collection of Papillon (butterfly-wing) jewelry.
- Antique solid walnut hand carved parlour table with scalloped edge and curved stretcher. Circa 1930.
- Antique solid walnut lamp/book tables with in-carved ends and turned legs.
- Antique solid walnut wall clock with in-carved cornice and frame and Roman numeral face. Circa 1890.
76A. Two sets of Lalique frosted glass: shot glass collection; plates with floral trim.
- Swarovski crystal hedgehog, and rhinoceros. Two pieces.
77A. Large old Satsuma-type porcelain vase. With wooden base. Circa 1880. 25.5”H. Large crack showing old repair.
- Large old print of three horses by Rosa Bonheur, in round solid oak frame. Frame 4″D.
- Royal Doulton animal figure: Rough-Haired Terrier. “Crackley Startler”. HN 1013. Issued 1931-1960. 5.5″H. And similar small terrier. Two pieces.
79A. Collection of six vintage purses, including a genuine beaverskin Koret evening bag, and a “Genuine Corde” handbag with Lucite handle.
- Unique old Chinese silver 5 panel bracelet with inset carved Jade stone and applied enamel work. Circa 1950.
80A. WWII militaria collection – Navy hat, and six black-and-white photographs of a military band.
- Old machine made Persian-style carpet with overall geometric design on rust field. 5×6′.
- Tall Art Nouveau ceramic figure (lamp) of a standing lady holding a light. 28″H. (Some damage).
82A. Antique English sterling silver centrepiece bowl embossed in foliate motif. 5”H x 8”D. James Deakin and Sons Silversmith.
- Antique solid walnut pedestal with plinth base and accompanying marble chess board. Two pieces.
83A. Two lovely old pieces of frosted art glass: Orrefors vase in deer motif and Val St. Lambert charger in art nouveau bird motif.
- Scarce mid-century two-tier table with plate glass top and lower shelf on tapered legs. (Formerly from the Eaton’s art department).
84A. Old brass student’s lamp with adjustable green glass shade.
- High quality antique side chair constructed of hand chiselled (increasingly rare) solid walnut hardwood, with green satin upholstery. Circa 1930.
- Royal Doulton animal figures: Cairn Terrier Seated. K11. Introduced 1931. Discontinued 1977. And Royal Doulton cairn. “Charming Eyes”. HN 1035. Issued 1931-1985. 3.5″H.
86A. Mid-century teak coffee table with woven rattan lower shelf. Some losses.
- Old terracotta bust, finely detailed, of an old man and his grandson. 14″H. (Some damage).
- Scarce old Chinese cinnabar box in wise man and foliage motif. 4x 4″. Circa 1920.
88A. Old Art Nouveau “Djer Kiss” compact in kissing faeries motif, with original box.
- Royal Doulton Terrier Puppies in a Basket, with two attentive parents. HN 2588. Issued 1941-1985. Three pieces.
89A. Pair of antique English sterling silver card trays with decorative edges (Chester, circa 1899), and four sterling silver coasters. Six pieces.
- Mid-century modern Danish teak two-seat settee. Circa 1960.
90A. Four Royal Doulton figurines: Autumn Breeze (No 4716); Ninette (No 4717); Karen (No 4779); Emma (No 4813).
- Collection of Papillon (butterfly-wing) artwork: 2 trays and 3 small plates.
91A. D.E. Kennedy – English oil on canvas. Mountainous river scene. Circa 1890.
- Two hand-painted Wedgewood decor plates with blue grounds and floral motif.
92A. Sterling silver relish dish on pedestal. 6”H x 4.5”D.
- Small antique Millefiori hand blown glass ewer, and similar bud vase in pink striped motif. Two pieces.
93A. Very rare antique Scottish sterling silver sugar tongs. Thomas Muller. Glasgow 1851.
- Lladro figurine. Mother pig and two babies; and Royal Doulton black and white standing pig, with its ears over its eyes. 5″L.
- Collection of silver plate: antique mustard set with covered salt and pepper as well as sugar cube tray; desk set with two crystal bottles; and various bowls trays and serving pieces.
- Antique German porcelain grotesque mask jug. 6″H. Circa 1820. Some damage.
96A. Antique English sterling silver tea strainer and similar nut dish. Two pieces.
- Rare antique grey/green bisque statue of a standing man, very finely detailed. Unmarked. 11″H.
97A. Two sets of antique sterling silver banquet salts. Ten pieces.
- Two lovely old hand-painted Dresden decor plates with white grounds and pierced rims in floral motif. With similar side plate.
98A. Sterling silver collection including: English creamer; four mint dishes; two open salts with blue glass liners and matching spoons. Nine pieces.
- Antique hand-carved wooden statue of a Northern Chinese Goddess. 18”H. Marked “1850” on bottom. Losses to original paint and structure.
99A. Collection of old Italian porcelain with white ground and gold painted floral décor. Includes: various candy and nut dishes; two lighters; sauce bowl; open salt; one pepper grinder. By Richard Ginori.
99B. Collection of scarce Val St. Lambert crystal scotch glasses and a similar set of crystal highball glasses.
- Large old mirror in gilded plaster frame. Minor loss to one rosette.
100A. Tony Tascona – coloured serigraph. “A Celebration”. Artist’s Proof. 1988.
- Lovely antique pastel of a young girl dressed in “feathery” apparel, in ornate oval period frame. Signed N. Beswick? 21.5″H.
101A. Wardle – colour mezzotint. Young mother holding her son’s hand. Circa 1900.
- Royal Doulton. Give Me A Home, Dog. DA 196. 5.75″H.
102A. Collection of costume jewelry, including a silver bracelet and several rhinestone and Bakelite pieces.
- Royal Copenhagen porcelain figurine of a puppy. #1407.
103A. J. Andre – pair of oils on canvas. Ocean landscapes.
- Gerda Christofferson – pair of pastels. Young Aboriginal girls.
- Old coloured woodblock print. “A Blizzard in Winnipeg”. Circa 1872.
105A. Rare old mid-century silhouette motion lamp in forest fire motif. Circa 1950.
- Antique oil painting on panel, unsigned. Young boy sitting on edge of boat. 16x 12″.
- Unsigned – coloured pastel of four puppies.
- Two Chinese coloured silk pictures. Rooster with chickens and cranes. 24x 18″. Circa 1930.
- Old Canadiana copper collection including three pots and a kettle.
- Royal Doulton miniature. Bulldog puppy. K2. Issued 1931-1977; and sleeping kitten. Two pieces.
- Old oil on canvas signed T. Zolantay. Two children playing in the rain. 13x 10″.
111A. C. Ottrini – oil on canvas. Mediterranean Sea landscape.
- P. Hood – Scarce antique steel engraving. “The Glass Blowers”.
- Pair of antique terracotta wall plaques. Two Shakespearean Characters. 20x 12″. Circa 1900.
- Armin Hanson – black and white steel etching. Dated 1923. “Fisher boats”. 4.75×5.75”.
- R. Stock – modern hand carved and painted wooden pelican. 24”H.
- Two small Chinese coloured silk pictures of a peacock and tropical birds.
- Antique coloured mezzotints in fine period frame depicting a young boy with bird’s nest and two girls he is trying to impress. Circa 1900.
- Large oil on canvas by D. Siro, in wooden frame. Clown with hat. 32x 24″.
118A. Vera Hand – three colour pastels. “Hummingbird”; “Bluebirds of Happiness”; Two birds.
- Unique large serigraph by Charles S. Klabunde, 1962. “Parable of the Blind”. No 2/30.
- Antique etching on silk, signed L. Shafer. “The Travellers”. Circa 1900.
- Old round hand coloured etching. Mother and three daughters. Circa 1900.
- Maxfield Parrish – coloured print. “Hillside”. 20 x 11.5”. Circa 1920.
122A. Evelyn Konrad – two watercolours. Tulips and daisies. 10.25 x 14”.
- Albert Earl Gilbert – serigraph. Eagle. 16x 22″.
- Pair of cast terracotta Oriental motif wall plaques on solid walnut board. Male and female. 27″L.
- Colin Pain – pair of watercolours. River landscapes. 4.5 x 6.3”.
- Chandler – two lithographs. Grist Mills. 14.5 x 20.5”.
- Unsigned – watercolour. Soldier resting with horse.
- Signed in syllabics – pair of black and white prints. Polar and Inuit scenes.
- Nicholas de Grandmaison – coloured print. “The Papoose”.
- W.H. Bartlett – three scarce antique coloured etchings. “A Settler’s hut on the frontier”; “Indian Town” and “Portage Des Chats”.
- Tony Tascona – coloured serigraph. “Ribbons”. No 117/130. 1987.
132A. W.J. – oil on canvas. Military barracks.
- George Baxter – pair of coloured prints. Royal portraits of a young man and lady.
- Unsigned – pair of coloured prints. “Pick of the Kennel” and “The Squire’s Story”.
- Ernst Neumann – black and white woodcut. “Winter at Ivey Quebec”. 1944.
- W. Le Petit – coloured etching. “Bowness & Windermere Lake, Westmorland”. T. Allom.
- Masie Wride – pair of coloured pastels. Ocean landscapes.
- Hope – watercolour. Purple snapdragon. 1974.
- Alfred C. Leighton – coloured print. “Emerald Lake”.
- Gertrude Maartense – coloured ink. “Wild Grass”.
- Antique silhouette – black and white. “Mary Todd Lincoln”.
- George Baxter – coloured etching. “London from Greenwich Observatory 1948”.
- Le Blond – coloured etching. “Tyrolean Waltz”.
- Signatures indistinguishable – two antique coloured etchings. Indian Temple; Figures on Village road.
- Robert Pollock – print. “Tally-Ho”. 12×17.75”. No. 66/200.
- Clinton Jammer – print. “Silent Passing”. No 1035 / 6750
- George Baxter – two coloured etchings. “Jeruselem from the Mount of Olives” and “Water Mill on the Wye 1850”.
- Wyn Van Slyck – watercolour. Wildflowers.
- Unsigned- coloured print. Mother and child.
- N. Hornyanski print. Lower Fort Garry.